Udayagiri Fort & De Lannoy Tomb


The Udayagiri fort was first constructed with mud by the Venad king Vira Ravivarma (1595-1607 CE) in the year 1600 CE. Later on it was reconstructed with granite by Marthanda Varma (1729-1785 CE) under the supervision of the Dutch lieutenant of the Travancore army De Lannoy in the year 1744 CE.

Location: The fort is about 14 km from Nagerkoil at Puliyurkurichi Village